Ignite is a 6-year-young data & analytics consultancy business. Over the next five years we are looking to scale up our business. This means:
8x revenue growth
5x team size growth
The core mission of the Business Manager is to maintain a continual focus on maximising the business’s performance, whilst minimising legal risk, and balancing all that with happy people (i.e. employees, customers, and vendors).
The role includes aspects from Finance, Legal, and HR as well as other functions that come with running the internal operations of a scaling business. A standard day could include invoicing, preparing and analysing reports, reviewing contracts, recruitment, booking travel, or liaising with a third-party provider as an example.
You will be the right-hand wo/man to the Managing Director, enabling them to focus on high-level strategy and vision. They will rely on you to take pride in your attention to detail in your work and will trust in your ability to largely get the job done autonomously.
It is the responsibility of the role
- To translate the scale-up business plan into annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- To ensure Ignite achieves its revenue and cost targets
- To lead all the internal functions of the business including but not limited to:
- Running and analysing reports
- Monitoring business bank account
- Ensuring tax compliance
- Maintaining appropriate levels of insurance
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable (overseeing only)
- Payroll (overseeing only)
- Superannuation (overseeing only)
- General adherence to law
- Contracts with customers (e.g. MSA’s, Statements of Work)
- Contracts with staff (e.g. Employment Agreements, Contractor Agreements)
- Contracts with vendors (e.g. Rental Agreements, Outsourced Service Agreements)
- Planning and managing recruitment processes
- New starter onboarding & offboarding
- Performance management
- Bonuses and salary reviews
- Travel bookings
- Team events (e.g. Christmas Party)
- Document management
- Business process/policy development and maintenance
- Setting up new branches
- Have experience in budgeting, forecasting & reporting
- Compile timely and accurate invoices
- Manage costs within budgets
- Can manage cashflow levels
- Exhibit leadership abilities
- Understand how to effectively recruit & engage people
- Have strong written & verbal communication
- Effectively negotiate & manage contracts with customers, employees, and vendors
- Are able to learn & adapt to a changing environment
This role includes a broad range of tasks. We want to hear about how you navigate your day when it includes a large variety of tasks.
You may not have experience in every single task required on Day 1, but you will be a fast learner who can upskill themselves. We want to hear about how you have taught yourself new abilities in the past.
We are looking for someone to join the leadership team and help grow a scaling business. We want to hear about how you have proven yourself in a growing business, and what was key for you in doing so.
We are a people business. We want to hear about how you have successfully engaged with others to meet your own objectives in the past.
- Competitive salary with an attractive bonus package
- Flexible working (even before COVID!)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave for mums and dads
- A holiday on your birthday
- And most importantly…
We will help each other succeed
You will have the ability to earn up to 200% of your bonus if the business exceeds its revenue targets.
We have well-established processes in place, including a Xero financial system and Power BI reports to get you started.
You will have access to third-party vendors that are experts in their respective areas, as well as our part-time Business Coach.
This is a full-time role however there is some flexibility in this, so if you are looking for a part-time position, this can be arranged for the right candidate too.
The current company policy is for all staff to be onsite at our Melbourne CBD based office 1 day per week (working from home for the remainder of the week) plus 1 whole team meeting per month onsite. This may increase somewhat once COVID restrictions are lifted but isn’t envisaged to ever be 5 days a week onsite.
The position commences on or around 1st October 2021, depending on your availability.
If you’d like to apply for this role please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the role title in the subject line.
To be considered for this position you must have valid rights to work and live in Australia.
Ignite welcomes applications from anyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age, and/or any other visible or non-visible characteristics. All too often we see organisations full of the same or similar people, and we don’t want that, we want diversity. We believe that a diverse set of people will improve our organisation and will ultimately change the way we work for the better.