Keen to apply your know-how to help clients improve their business through data?
Do you have a passion for data warehousing, building ML applications and APIs?
Want to work with multiple technologies across different customers?
At Ignite Data Solutions, we believe the best results come when data enables people.
We have an exciting opportunity for a data engineer, with cloud experience, to join our growing team. Be part of our scale-up journey and our supportive culture.
A real great growth opportunity awaits, as you will be working in leading technologies, including:
You will get to see the solutions from end to end. From working closely with business stakeholders to elicit requirements, to seeing how our clients use the data product and get value from it.
You will be part of collaborative teams, playing a hands-on role in designing, developing, testing, and managing data-led solutions.
You will be guided by our Delivery Leads to master multi-disciplinary delivery methods - from Agile Scrum and Agile Kanban to CI/CD and DevOps. This means you will plan and estimate new initiatives, identifying risks and issues.
You will get to work with a range of customers; from globally recognised organisations to exciting scale-ups. You will gain experience across a range of industries, including Renewables, Utilities, Agribusiness, and Professional Services.
The responsibilities of the role
The core mission of the Cloud Data Engineer at Ignite is to ensure that we deliver what we promise.
It is the responsibility of the role:
- Translate customer requirements into data and business analytics solutions.
- Design, build, deploy, and manage high-quality data and business analytics solutions.
- Conduct testing and continuous improvements to ensure robustness and scalability.
- Proactively identify, and provide recommendations, to address both blockers and improvement opportunities.
- Ensure execution to Ignite’s delivery framework, identifying and applying ongoing learnings and improvements.
- Participate and positively contribute to all team activities.
Your core competencies
- Requirements elicitation
- Solution design, development, and operations
- Data design, modelling and profiling
- Test planning and execution
- Business Intelligence and data visualisation
- Task planning and execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem solving
As a member of the team, the Cloud Data Engineer will exemplify the values and behaviours of our organisation:
- Act with integrity
- Help each other succeed
- Willingness to learn
- Be the best we can
- Focus on the why
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1+ years cloud design, development or administration experience (Azure/AWS).
- Experience in end-to-end project delivery. Articulating involvement in requirements, design, development, testing and productionisation.
- Consulting experience or experience working with end-users.
- Value focus – ability to articulate the business benefit of project experience.
Nice to have
- Azure/ AWS certifications.
- Microsoft PowerBI skills.
- Broader cloud experience with tools such as Databricks or Snowflake.
- Flexible working.
- Variety - wide range of technologies for a wide range of customer needs.
- Learning and development through structured training with certifications, self-development projects, and monthly mentoring.
- A 30-60-90 day onboarding plan that will have you working on a real platform, engaging with business users quickly.
- 6 weeks paid parental leave for both mums and dads.
- A holiday on your birthday.
- Join a supportive team of talented Data Scientists, Engineers, Analysts and Architects.
We look forward to your application
Please submit your application to email@example.com.
To be considered for this position you must have valid rights to work and live in Australia.
Ignite welcomes applications from anyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age, and/or any other visible or non-visible characteristics. All too often we see organisations full of the same or similar people, and we do not want that, we want diversity. We believe that a diverse set of people will improve our organisation and will ultimately change the way we work for the better.